Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Aioli, kick starting 3 times around to revive.

Have you ever made a recipe that turned out perfect several times, then one day, FAIL?  I guess everyone has a bad day in the kitchen.  The last time I made this recipe, I had to restart it 2 more times after the initial start.  It sounds a bit confusing.  This is what happened, my ingredients started to separate.  I did not want to waste my ingredients, organic egg yolks, and a cup of olive oil, plus I had used the last of my garlic!  After fail number one, in a clean bowl I added one more egg yolk and started to whisk.  I then started to drizzle in the first batch of ingredients that did not emulsify.  This did not work, so I started again with another egg yolk and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, in a clean bowl.  When I got that mixed, I then added the previous mix drizzling a little in as I whisked with a mixer.  It did save my my ingredients, but it did not thicken as it usually does.  I put it in the fridge to chill till I needed it.  This mix did get a bit thicker, but not as I have had results with in the past.

The aioli did prove to be very delicious with the oven potato wedges I prepared for dinner.  I may add this recipe in the future, if I can make sure it is more stable.  I would hate to pass on one that is questionable.  Please check back in the future for this recipe.

Other things I have used this recipe on or with:

-corn on the cob
-oven potato wedges
-sandwiches
-steak

No comments:

Post a Comment