Wednesday, July 20, 2011

a collection...

I have to admit, I don't collect nick-knack items... however, I do have a small collection of cookbooks.  One of these books in my collection was acquired whilst browsing at a second hand shop (Sometimes you find a good book or two, or even a vintage one!).  This book, published in 1955 looked dated.  In fact, as you open the front cover its lining is of cotton candy pink with about 100 autographs.  As I looked though its pages, I found each recipe had a photograph of the contributor with an excerpt about them.  This book is titled:  Specialty of the House, 100 favorite recipes from 100 famous cooks.  I wanted to brows this book to see what kind of trends still exist in cuisine and which ones have died out.  One of the things that made me giggle a bit was the use of Parkay margarine in many of the recipes.  I guess it was very new at the time.  So far I have only cooked one recipe form this book, and it was a total success. May I suggest the Cheese Souffle?

 I had to post a few photos of this cookbook.

 front cover

pink inside with autographs

I love that this guy will fly six to eight hundred miles to give a party.
I am going to make this recipe when I have company.

This guy looks so very serious about his cooking, but kind of Bogart like.  
Please note that this recipe uses 25 eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment