Thursday, July 21, 2011

Just because it's out of season is no reason...Pumpkin.

I can't say that I am a big fan of pumpkin.  I think it goes back to a childhood memory of being very sick after eating a piece of pumpkin pie one Thanksgiving holiday.  For years, until I was an adult, I avoided pumpkin pie, for fear of being sick again.  It wasn't till I was a *starving student* that I found pumpkin in my life again.  I don't think I ate much of anything as a student.  In fact, I didn't even eat breakfast.  However, there was the student center and they offered a couple of things you could get for about a dollar and pumpkin bread was one of the items.  It took a fellow student to share a piece with me to turn it all around.  I'm still no fan of pumpkin pie, but I do welcome it in my Thai curries, and in my pumpkin bread.  For the most part, fresh pumpkin is only available in the fall.  Even at this time of the year, finding an edible pumpkin is slim to none, at least where I live.  Now days, you can find it in any grocery store in a can.  So, now you can enjoy pumpkin everyday.  Please give this Pumpkin and Walnut Bread a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment